Your kids that is! Border’s is challenging kids age 12 to keep up with their summer reading. Simply read 10 books and get 1 free!
Yup, it’s that easy! Kids, read 10 books, log them on the Double-Dog Dare form and bring it into any Borders store and get your choice of 1 of selected titles for free.
Summer unfortunately has the reputation of the mind-drain. All the learning kids do during the regular school year slowly leaks out while swimming, playing ball, climbing trees and vegging out on the sofa. This year can be different! Borders wants to keep your kid’s minds active and fresh for the upcoming school year by enticing them with a free book just for reading 10 books of their choice until August 26th. Read the books they want then choose a book they want from one of the 10 selected titles for FREE.
How do you keep your kids interested in reading especially over the summer?
Jon Scieszka, author of Robot Zot and Knucklehead: Tall Tales and Almost True Stories of Growing up Scieszka says “If you want to inspire your boy reader, expand your definition of reading to include non-fiction, graphic novels, funny books, wordless books, audio books and magazines. Summer reading is a great time to explore texts that aren’t covered/allowed in school reading”.
What books from your childhood would you like to introduce to your kids/friend’s kids/family this summer to start them on a path to lifelong readers? This is your chance to win 1 of 2 $100 Border’s Gift Cards at LookWhatMomFound…and Dad too!
To receive these extra opportunities for entries, you must fulfill the first REQUIRED entry above and please be sure your email in your comment, attached to you blogger dashboard or easily seen on your website/blog. I will not search through About Me/Contact Me links.
- Subscribe to Border’s Weekly Email, includes emails of special offers, coupons, sales notices and more.
- Subscribe to LookWhatMomFound…and Dad too! via email or RSS feed
- Leave a relevant comment on a non-giveaway Review, Family Story or Article; let me know where to find your comment.
- Enter any other current Giveaway for an extra entry for each one entered
- Follow Mom and Dad and Borders on Twitter and Tweet this giveaway up to 3 times per day, please leave your twitter link each time, tweet a form of this message: Win $100 @Borders GC @lkwhtmomfound @and_dad_too http://bit.ly/al2tT6
- Like LookWhatMomFound…and Dad too! and Borders on Facebook AND post about this giveaway on your wall.
- Blog about this giveaway, including links to this post and the sponsor as well as a complete description the the contest and prize
- Follow LookWhatMomFound…and Dad too! via Google Friend Connect (bottom of page)
Your entries must follow the rules or they won’t be eligible for prizes. This contest ends 11:59 pm, Friday, July 2, 2010. The winners will be emailed and will have 48 hours to claim their prize. This contest is open to US residents only. For complete rules please read our contest rules page.