In our house we like to watch anything that has to do with the earth or nature and recently we got a chance to review a copy of Frozen Planet. In addition to the DVD series we also received a cool penguin hat and some awesome cookies that the kids couldn’t get enough of.
From the Emmy-winning team behind Planet Earth and The Blue Planet: Seas of Life, this is the original 7-part BBC series, Frozen Planet, narrated by world-renowned naturalist Sir David Attenborough and including over 90 minutes of footage not shown on television plus over four hours of bonus materials!
Last Sunday it was a rainy day out so we all stayed in and made lunch with popcorn and cookies and watched the first DVD in the series which included The ends of the earth, Spring and Summer. It was about 3 hours long and Shae hung in for about an hour but Melinda, Sabreena, Shaun and I watch the whole first disc which was AWESOME. It is awesome to see animals like polar bears and killer whales close up in their natural habitat and it is amazing that people are able to brave the elements to catch this kind of footage.
Here is some additional details about Frozen Planet:
- Run time:About 5 1/2 Hours
- Originally Aired On:Discovery Channel
- Closed Captions / Subtitles:This Product has English Subtitles for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired
- French Subtitles
- Spanish SubtitlesSpecial Features:
- Science at the Ends of the Earth – An examination of the remarkable scientific work being performed at the South Pole
- Freeze Frame – A series of 7 10-minute “making of” featurettes, one for each episode
- Production Video Diaries - A set of 47 video shorts made by the Frozen Planet producers, directors, camera crew and more giving personal insights into this remarkable series
- Frozen Planet: The Epic Journey – The best moments from this remarkable series compiled into one 60-minute highlights special
- Music Only Viewing Option
- English and Parisian French Narration and English, Spanish and Quebecois French Subtitles
Here are the episodes that are on the three discs:
To the Ends of the Earth
At the North Pole, the sun returns after six months of darkness.
Spring arrives in the polar regions, and the sun appears after an absence of five months.
Polar animals race to rear their young during times of plenty under the midnight sun.
Autumn brings epic journeys for polar wildlife as most hurry to escape the refreeze.
The story of the few extreme survivors who remain in the polar regions during winter.
The Last Frontier
What draws humans to the coldest and most hostile reaches of our planet?
On Thin Ice
David Attenborough investigates the effects of rising temperatures at the polar regions.
If you are into shows like this then you are in luck because two Look What Mom Found…and Dad too readers will have the chance to win this series on Blu-Ray. All you have to do it tell me if you watch nature shows and if so what is your favorite show?
To receive these extra opportunities for entries, you must fulfill the first REQUIRED entry above. Please note the changes to the entries and frequency, entries that don’t follow rules may be disregarded/ignored/deleted.
- Subscribe to LookWhatMomFound…and Dad too! via email or RSS feed
- SHARE this giveaway on YOUR Facebook wall
- Like LookWhatMomFound…and Dad too! on Facebook
- Like Frozen Planet on Facebook
- Follow Mom & Dad & Frozen Planet on Twitter and Tweet this giveaway (1 time per day), please leave your twitter link each time, tweet a form of this message: Enter to win one of two Blu-Ray copies of @FrozenPlanetDVD from @lkwhtmomfound @anddadtoo http://bit.ly/IR9Tqr
- Enter another Giveaway – let us know which one in the comment (one extra entry per giveaway you enter, just leave separate comments)
- Leave a relevant comment on any other Review/Everyday Life/Thoughts post, let us know where to find it
Your entries must follow the rules or they won’t be eligible for prizes. This contest ends 11:59 pm, Monday, May 21, 2012. The winners will be emailed and will have 24 hours to claim their prize. This contest is open to Continental US residents only. For complete rules please read our blog contest rules page.