This spring I was given the so hard and arduous task of shopping Gymboree 🙂 I have to honestly say that I haven’t stepped foot in a Gymboree store since Sabreena was a baby. The store is in the same spot in our mall as it’s always been for the last 18 years but there is something that doesn’t steer me through the doors. I said yes because I know Gymboree is very popular but wanted to know why it wasn’t catching my attention.
I started looking online and found prices that ranged from “high” to “expected” for name brands. Their sale section was really good, like stocking up prices. There was a variety of colors and sizes and designs but I wasn’t looking for winter clothes at this time so off to the mall I went.
Rob and I spent a good time looking at all of their collections and settled on Blooming Nautical and Tea Time Afternoon as our favorites because of the bold colors and cute designs. We walked out with 2 complete outfits, 1 basic tee and 2 leggings. I was excited to show Shae her new duds.
She loved Corsage Poppy tee. I was excited because it’s something I saw online and fell in love with. I did notice after it came out of the wash the blue was faded but I’m not sure if it was always like that. I wish it was a more vibrant saturated hue like the brink pink poppy flower in the girl’s hair. The skirt maintained the bright pink that I was originally drawn to. The pastels of the Tea Time Afternoon separates didn’t loose any color after washing. The material maintained it’s structure and shape, something that doesn’t always happen with kid’s clothes.
I think I had an image of Gymboree in my head of having very preppy stiff designs; clothing with no character. I was wrong, dead wrong. I also need to realize that Shae can give life to a burlap sack. Will I go back to Gymboree? Probably. I do like the more trendy vibrant collections so will definitely keep my eyes open for key items that Shae can rock with style.
Do you want to check out Gymboree for yourself and win a $75 GC? Tell me what pieces you’d like to shop for.
To receive these extra opportunities for entries, you must fulfill the first REQUIRED entry above. Please note the changes to the entries and frequency, entries that don’t follow rules may be disregarded/ignored/deleted.
- SUBSCRIBE to LookWhatMomFound…and Dad too! via email or RSS feed
- LIKE us on Facebook and SHARE this giveaway on your wall (leave a link)
- ADD us to your Circles on Google+ and SHARE this giveaway (leave a link)
- FOLLOW Melinda on Pinterest and PIN this Giveaway (leave a link)
- FOLLOW Mom & Dad & Gymboree on Twitter and TWEET this giveaway (1 time per day), please leave your twitter link each time: I’m entering to win a $75 @Gymboree GC from @lkwhtmomfound @anddadtoo http://bit.ly/XGL4oW
- LIKE or SHARE this photo on Facebook
- LIKE Gymboree on Facebook
- ENTER another Giveaway – let us know which one in the comment
- COMMENT on any other Review/Our Life/Our Travels/Our Thoughts post, let us know where to find it
Your entries must follow the rules or they won’t be eligible for prizes. This contest ends 11:59 pm, Tuesday, March 26, 2013. The winners will be emailed and will have 48 hours to claim their prize. This contest is open to Contiguous US residents, age 18 or over. For complete rules please read our blog contest rules page.