If you are a kinda regular reader here you might know that Shaun played his first season of Lacrosse this past spring. It was a different experience than football last fall. An incredibly positive and energizing experience. No wonder why I was all geeked out when I got the email to attend the Major League Lacrosse Championship later this month.
MLL is comprised of eight teams across the US and Canada. The Boston Cannons, Chesapeake Bayhawks (formerly Baltimore and Washington), New York Lizards (formally Long Island) and Rochester Rattlers are original teams starting in 2001. The Denver Outlaws began play in 2006 as part of the League’s western expansion. The Hamilton Nationals (formerly Toronto) joined MLL in 2009 as the League’s first international team. The Charlotte Hounds and Ohio Machine began play in 2012 as a part of the League’s expansion initiative to have 16 teams in the next decade.
Major League Lacrosse began play in 2001 to capitalize on the growing demand for world-class field lacrosse driven by dramatic growth in the U.S. lacrosse market. The MLL was praised and heralded for its on-field play, regarded as the best ever seen. With a year-on-year attendance increase, Major League Lacrosse has continued to lead the sport of lacrosse into the mainstream of competitive team sports.
We are seeing a growth of popularity in our area and hopefully this will continue as Shaun continues with athletics during his school days.
The Major League Lacrosse Championships are being held in Philadelphia at PPL Park where the Philadelphia Union (soccer) currently play.
The weekend will begin with the semifinals on Saturday, Aug. 24 (1:00pm & 4:00pm), followed by the final on Sunday, Aug. 25 (3:00pm). The event will also feature the MLL Fan Zone an interactive area with fun and games for lacrosse fans of all ages.
Get a discount on your ticket purchase just by using code “MOMMLL” for $5 off each ticket, prices range from $43-$53 each.
We are giving away a 4-pack of tickets for the Finals on August 25th, 3:00pm. To enter just tell me what other sporting events have you attended in the past.
To receive these extra opportunities for entries, you must fulfill the first REQUIRED entry above. Please note the changes to the entries and frequency, entries that don’t follow rules may be disregarded/ignored/deleted
- SUBSCRIBE to LookWhatMomFound…and Dad too! via NEW Email Subscription or BlogLovin
- SHARE this giveaway on your social networks such as Facebook, Google +, Pinterest, Stumble Upon or Other (let me know where you shared)
- LIKE LookWhatMomFound…and Dad too! and Major League Lacrosse on Facebook
- FOLLOW Mom, Dad and MLL on Twitter and TWEET this giveaway (1 time per day), please leave your twitter link each time: I wanna win 4pack tickets to @MLL_Lacrosse Championship #philly from @lkwhtmomfound @anddadtoo http://bit.ly/149oTb9
- ENTER another Giveaway – let us know which one in the comment
- COMMENT on any other Review/Our Life/Our Travels/Our Thoughts post, let us know where to find it
Your entries must follow the rules or they won’t be eligible for prizes. This contest ends 11:59 pm, Wednesday, August 21, 2013. The winners will be emailed and will have 48 hours to claim their prize. This contest is open to Contiguous US residents, age 18 or over. For complete rules please read our blog contest rules page.