How quickly do you think Isabelle Palmer, American Girl’s 2014 Girl of the Year, is going to dance her way into your hearts.
Each year American Girl launches a new doll to celebrate the triumphs, achievements, aspirations and dreams of children all over the world. Isabella Palmer is a dancer with many talents including fashion design for what else, ballet costumes. Isabella has some difficulties when she starts a new dance school but she finds a way to shine and stand out without losing who she is inside.
American Girl Doll of the Year run $120. It’s a steep price for a doll but each one comes with her own extraordinary story of triumph and acceptance. Typically each doll comes with a story book where you and your child learn all about the girl and her life. Isabelle has 3 stories devoted to sharing her tale. I’m guessing the popularity of her dance background might have something to do with it.
A girl needs her accessories and Isabelle’s are amazing!
Isabelle’s Studio- 24-piece set features a beautiful armoire, sewing table, sewing machine, and lots of accessories $275
- A beautiful white armoire with mirrored doors and ballet-barre handles—it opens to reveal drawers, fabric pockets, and a sewing table
- A pretend sewing machine that lights up, with a needle that moves at the touch of a button
- An upholstered stool with a yellow bow tied around the legs
- A dress form with a copper-colored base—perfect for designing her dance fashions
- Three fancy hangers to keep outfits organized
- Three faux spools of thread that fit on the sewing machine spindle
- Three fabric swatches for her original creations
- A sewing basket that holds a fabric pincushion, pretend scissors, and a mini measuring tape
- A sketchbook for planning designs
- A paper hatbox with diamond graphics for storing supplies
- Three black-and-white photos to decorate her space—one is signed by her idol, Jackie Sanchez!
- Two tickets and a ballet program for the Autumn Festival
Isabelle’s Dance Barre-Girls can give Isabelle the perfect place to practice her pliés! $65
- A ballet barre
- A foam yoga mat so Isabelle can stretch to warm up
- Ballet slippers to help her glide on the floor
- Pink pilates straps—your girl can slip them over Isabelle’s hands or feet to help her hold a pose!
- A faux water bottle to keep her hydrated
- A purple support bandage that wraps around her ankle
Isabelle’s Performance Set-Isabelle designs this spectacular costume for her Waltz of the Flowers ballet performance $38
- A sleek unitard
- A flowy tutu skirt made of layers of mesh and tulle
- A show-stopping corsage of satin flowers embellished with ribbons, mesh, rhinestones, and sequins
- Shimmery satin dance shoes with crisscross ankle ribbons
- A starry rhinestone tiara and jeweled wristband that dazzle in the spotlight
American Girl Dolls are a special kind of luxury for young girls. The story they share give girls hope for their own dreams and desires. Isabelle Palmer is only around till 12/31/14 or until supplies last.