While I wouldn’t classify Rob as a trendy or fashionable man he does enjoy his little luxuries. Sneakers, watches and tattoos is where he spends his money. Everything else in his life is pretty simple; jeans and a sweater for a nice dinner, shaved head instead of weekly haircuts and locally crafted beer instead of pricey wine lists . I honestly don’t know if I could deal with a man that needed to iron his shirts or “do” his hair.
When we were on our cruise this summer Rob was eyeing a wood watch at a Caribbean jewelry store. I was in another store trying to convince myself to buy a HUGE blue topaz pendant so I didn’t get a good look at the watch he wanted. We both left empty-handed. Fast forward a couple months and Rob got his wood watch. It was a surprise for him that he really loves.
Jord Watches are handcrafted timepieces made with sustainable materials from all over the world. Jord watches are designed to take people back to nature, away from the metal, plastic and rubber that we’re all used to. A wood watch is not just an accessory to tell time it’s a fashion statement that outdoes the terrible trends happening each day. These watches are meant for those individuals who are looking for something new, something different.
Rob is wearing the Sully. Our Sully series marries complimentary and contrasting woods giving a vivid and varied tonal effect that can only be achieved when constructing a wood timepiece. The large face numbers and cut out bezel add playfulness to an otherwise classically styled timepiece. This is not just a men’s watch. I’m realizing after trying this on that I’d love something this unique to wear for myself. In fact I’ve been looking at a few designs for myself.
Shop Jord Watches this year for anyone on your list who is looking for something distinctive. Enter to win a $139 (plus free shipping) Gift Certificate. This gift is enough to purchase a new watch, like Rob’s Sully or go towards the purchase of something else like the copper faced Sidney (my favorite).
Entering is simple, Tell me which #jordwatch you would pick for yourself.
To receive these extra opportunities for entries, you must fulfill the first REQUIRED entry above. Please note the changes to the entries and frequency, entries that don’t follow rules may be disregarded/ignored/deleted
- SUBSCRIBE to LookWhatMomFound…and Dad too! via NEW Email Subscription.
- COMMENT on a recent Review/Our Life/Our Travels/Our Thoughts post, let us know where to find it
- FOLLOW Melinda & Jord Watch on Twitter and TWEET this giveaway (1 time per day), please leave your twitter link each time: Entering to win #JordWatch Wood Watch GC #giveaway @melindababiak http://bit.ly/1vAmHuG
- SHARE your child’s costume choice this year on One Step Ahead Facebook Page (example, This year my son wants to be Spiderman)
- SHARE this giveaway on Google +, leave your link in comments below
- SHARE this giveaway on Pinterest, leave your link in comments below
- SHARE this giveaway on Instagram, leave your link in comments below
- SHARE this giveaway on Facebook, leave your link in the comments below
Your entries must follow the rules or they won’t be eligible for prizes. This contest ends 11:59 pm, Monday, December 2, 2014. The winners will be emailed and will have 48 hours to claim their prize. This contest is open to Contiguous US residents, age 18 or over. For complete rules please read our blog contest rules page.