I’ve realized something recently. As I watched my son grow up I missed seeing him actually “grow up”. When I look at him I see a kid, a kid that makes messes, talks back sometimes, leaves his sneakers all over the garage and forgets his lunch at home. What I’ve been missing is the young man he’s becoming. I missed his growth spurt so now he’s taller than his mom. I missed the blossoming relationship between him and his older sister. I missed the way his grandfather looks at him with pride and love being the only grandson.
Shaun is definitely approaching manhood no matter how much I don’t want to see it.
Old Spice is recognizing this very important part of life and is launching Re-Fresh technology. This means no more need to spray over and over. This means Old Spice Re-Fresh lasts all day with one spray. With the introduction of “Dadsong” it’s dad’s turn to tell his side of the story with another humorous, over-the-top song from Old Spice.
For the parent of a tween boy who is at the stage of sweaty/smelly/put up a fight to take a shower I’m happy to have a tool to help teach him a lesson in body hygiene.
If I can get him to take 5 steps in a day I’ve suceeded as a dad.
Take a Shower
Apply Old Spice All in One Body Wash
Spray Re-Fresh in the Morning
It sounds like a lot to do for a boy concerned with nothing but video games and snacks. Each step is simple and I think by showing him how these are steps to take into manhood his vanity (because he spends time on his hair and picking out the right sneakers) will kick in and he’s be back to a great smelling kid.
Staring November 30th in the spirit of the holiday season, Old Spice will offer special savings on Old Spice Re-fresh Body Spray in the P&G brandSaver® in newspapers across the U.S., as well as for download on http://www.coupons.com for redemption at retailers nationwide.
The Holiday Gift sets also make great gifts as well for any young man in your life.
Buy separate pieces such as the deodorant, body wash, body spray or shampoo as stocking stuffers.
To help with your holiday shopping we’re giving away a ” Old Spice Holiday Smellcome to Manhood” kit. This kit includes
- Old Spice Re-fresh Body Spray – The gift that keeps on giving, one spray at a time. Be among the first to enjoy new Old Spice Timber – the best way to get that lumberjacky smell without working at a local tree lot.
- Old Spice T-Shirt – The manliest chest tattoo on the planet without the regret when you turn 60.
- Old Spice Branded Earbuds – Silence mom’s singing in the car. You’re welcome.
- Bear Paws Meat Tool – Cutlery your dad, his friend Dave and Uncle John will be impressed with when you’re given the reins to carve the holiday bird.
- Duct Tape – Fix anything on the planet, except holiday lights, where only half the strand works.
- Art of Manliness Book – Full of wisdom and New Year’s Resolutions.
- “Scent Responsibly” Instructions – Nothing will earn you grandma’s fruitcake faster than overspraying. Thanks to Old Spice Re-fresh technology – where one spray lasts all day – you can smell like a man and not a middle school locker room.
- Smellcome to Manhood Certificate – A made-up diploma for the inside of your locker or to add to your LinkedIn profile.
Entering is simple just tell us who you are trying to win for.
To receive these extra opportunities for entries, you must fulfill the first REQUIRED entry above. Please note the changes to the entries and frequency, entries that don’t follow rules may be disregarded/ignored/deleted
- SUBSCRIBE to LookWhatMomFound…and Dad too! via NEW Email Subscription.
- COMMENT on a recent Review/Our Life/Our Travels/Our Thoughts post, let us know where to find it
- FOLLOW Melinda & Old Spice on Twitter and TWEET this giveaway (1 time per day), please leave your twitter link each time: Scent Responsibly with @OldSpice #Smellcome to Manhood #giveaway from @anddadtoo @melindababiak http://bit.ly/1uS2D7L
- SHARE this giveaway & below image on Google +, leave your link in comments below
- SHARE this giveaway & below image on Pinterest, leave your link in comments below
- SHARE this giveaway & below image on Instagram, leave your link in comments below
- SHARE this giveaway & below image on Facebook, leave your link in the comments below
Your entries must follow the rules or they won’t be eligible for prizes. This contest ends 11:59 pm, Monday, December 8, 2014. The winners will be emailed and will have 48 hours to claim their prize. This contest is open to Contiguous US residents, age 18 or over. For complete rules please read our blog contest rules page.