Family Friendly Washington DC with Embassy Suites

47 Flares Facebook 4 Google+ 0 StumbleUpon 3 Pin It Share 40 Twitter 0 47 Flares ×

Being parents of 3 kids makes it hard to squeeze in a getaway.  Rob and I are lucky enough to get some date nights here and there but when it comes to spending a romantic weekend those plans are far and few between. So when the Embassy Suites reached out and invited us for a 2-night stay we jumped at the chance to get away without going far. Washington, DC is less than 2 hours away so it was a great choice.Family Friendly Washington DC , family travel

Arriving in DC isn’t always the most pleasant event. The traffic even on a Saturday morning can be a nightmare.  Luckily DC is a place where you can park your car for days at a time and never have a need for it. This is what we did.Family Friendly Washington DC , family travel

Rob and I walked all weekend with just a couple Metro rides to get back and forth to Arlington National Cemetery.  The rest of the weekend we walked to the White House, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Ford’s Theater and through Federal Triangle.Family Friendly Washington DC , family travel

Family Friendly Washington DC , family travel

Family Friendly Washington DC , family travel

Family Friendly Washington DC , family travel

Family Friendly Washington DC , family travel

Family Friendly Washington DC , family travel

Family Friendly Washington DC , family travel

Family Friendly Washington DC , family travel

Family Friendly Washington DC , family travel Family Friendly Washington DC , family travel

I took about 400 photos in just the 2 days we were there. I loved all the architecture and grand statues, the manicured lawns and historic buildings.

Washington DC is not your typical getaway. It’s not a relaxing oasis were you sit back and sip drinks on the deck and watch the children play. DC is a tourists destination. If you want to research history, enjoy food of every ethnic flavor, explore museums and marvel at remarkable landmarks and monuments then this is where to go. With over 20 Smithsonian museums, all free, this is definitely an add to the family vacation list. Nestled on the beautiful Potomac River this federal district of land was created to house our federal government.  This gives the entire area rich history that dates back over 200 years.

Washington DC welcomes families with open arms and the Embassy Suites is exactly where you should lay your head to rest.

Embassy Suites offers spacious 2 room suites that easily sleep up to 6 people making it truly family friendly.  With a mini fridge, microwave, sink and updated television channels down time is comfortable for everyone. Family Friendly Washington DC , family travel with Embassy Suites

Family Friendly Washington DC , family travel with Embassy Suites

Family Friendly Washington DC , family travel with Embassy Suites

With the included FREE full breakfast with choices like waffles, made to order omelets, pastries, juice, fruit and cereal eating breakfast out each day is an expense families won’t have to worry about that added expense.  A family friendly happy hour is available each night that includes snacks and complimentary drinks both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. Family Friendly Washington DC , family travel with Embassy Suites

With over 200 locations available in the US, Canada and Latin America making a reservation is easy. Find out for yourself how Embassy Suites is making families happy each night by putting them first, finally.

About Melinda

Melinda is half of the mom & dad blogging team from LookWhatMomFound...and Dad too! Over 4 years ago Melinda left the corporate world to focus on raising her children while being a SAHM. With 17 years of parenting practice to 3 kids life has provided her many experiences that are used to educate the family on morals, ethics and the difference between right and wrong. While academics are very important, a full education goes beyond books and grades. Melinda strives to raise children with good hearts, strong principles and a foundation built on love and respect for others.
Don't miss any of the fun, stay connected by signing up for LookWhatMomFound...and Dad too! RSS Feed or visiting us on LookWhatMomFound...and Dad too! Facebook Page .

Comments

1. LOVE these tips! We want to take the kids to DC in the spring for a homeschooling field trip. =)

2. This looks like an amazing trip! The hotel to come back to is really nice too.

3. Kecia says:

That breakfast sounds amazing! I have been to DC since I was in middle school. I can’t wait to take my sons when they are older.

4. We took our family DC a couple times. the best part was walking through the massive museums!

5. Great pictures. Looks like you had a great time. I love DC.

6. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says:

I spent a lot of time in DC growing up. I have been dying to go back.

7. The room looks almost identical to ours in Orlando. We were very impressed.

8. I love DC. You got some lovely photographs!!! Embassy Suites is great. I always enjoy having a sitting area in my room when I travel.

9. Gorgeous. I think I am the only person in my family who has not been to Washington D.C.

10. I have driven past DC but never spent time there. It is on my list, though! Love your pictures! Looks like you had a great time! A well deserved mini vacation!

11. What a fun trip! I’ve always wanted to visit Washington myself but being from Canada it hasn’t happened yet!

12. Going to DC with the family is definitely on our bucket list. There’s so much history to explore there.

13. I have always wanted to take my family to Washington D.C. It looks like you had a great time!

14. I haven’t been to DC in years. I’d love to take my kids!

15. Jessica @eatsleepbe says:

That photo in front of the cemetery is absolutely stunning. Glad you enjoyed!!

16. Catherine S says:

What a fun getaway. All the pictures are really great. D.C. is one of the places on my list to visit.

17. My son has been asking to visit Washington DC lately. I think he is wanting to see some of the places they are studying in school. I love the suite setup and will keep Embassy in mind when we plan our trip.

18. I havent visited Washington DC yet. I hoping to do so soon.

19. I love Embassy Suites. We haven’t started using them yet for travel with my sons but will be in the near future.

20. Great looking place to stay. I haven’t been to DC since a school trip back when I was in the 9th or 10th grade. I so want to go back with my family and share it with them.

21. Your pictures are so beautiful. I’ve never been to Washington DC before.

22. Tracey says:

Your pictures are stunning! I haven’t been to DC in years. I think another trip is in order!

23. I cannot wait to take the boys to Washington DC next year. There is so much history and so many family friendly things to do there.

24. D.C. is one of my fave places to take the kids. I can’t wait to take the whole family!

25. Although I have been, this is something I would like to do with my grandchildren. Beautiful pictures,

26. I went to DC on my senior trip in high school. WOW! That was so many years ago…I’d love to go back! You got some great photos. Arlington Cemetary was amazing. I also loved the Lincoln Memorial.

27. We hope to go next year. I have never been! Would love to see the cherry blossoms.

28. Amy Desrosiers says:

We have driven through DC but we have never stopped. It is on my bucket list though!

29. Beautiful photos. I have never been to DC but would love to. I just want to go someday

30. Ann Bacciaglia says:

This would be a great trip. I would have probably taken 400 photos as well. There is so much to see. The hotel looks very comfortable.

31. These are great pictures! I live just outside of DC and this post reminds me that I need to get into the city more! I love the idea of staying at a hotel while there too!

32. Ashley says:

This looks like a really great trip, and awesome pictures.

33. Angela Saver says:

I would love to go to Washington D.C.! I have never stayed at Embassy Suites, but I will check them out next time we take a trip! It sounds really nice!

andysavi.mom@gmail.com