Movie Favorites for Guys

Last week we celebrated my dad’s birthday.  He’s a simple man and didn’t really want much but I created this special post for him and his birthday. I’ve compiled a list of a few of his favorite movies that can be found on Netflix for you to share with the dads in your lives. My dad and I watch movies together pretty frequently. Invincible has always been one of our favorites but Blades of Glory was the first adult comedy that we watched together and it’s still one of my favorite movies. Thank you dad for introducing me to some of my favorite movies that I still watch today. Happy Birthday, I love you!

Days of Thunder

Bad Boys (I and) II

Karate Kid

Karate Kid on Netfix, Movies for Guys

Redemption

Beverly Hills Cop

Mr. Deeds

Anchorman 2 (and Anchorman and Talladega Nights and Blades of Glory)

Top Gun

Resevoir Dogs

and most importantly
Team America: World Police

Team America, inappropriate movie for guys

I remember my dad watching this on a vacation to Great Wolf Lodge and he wouldn’t stop singing the theme song for a long time, which was a problem because it’s like 50% curse words and completely inappropriate and politically incorrect. He’ll still sing it occasionally but only the first two words.

NetFlix #StreamTeam

About Melinda

Melinda is half of the mom & dad blogging team from LookWhatMomFound...and Dad too! Over 4 years ago Melinda left the corporate world to focus on raising her children while being a SAHM. With 17 years of parenting practice to 3 kids life has provided her many experiences that are used to educate the family on morals, ethics and the difference between right and wrong. While academics are very important, a full education goes beyond books and grades. Melinda strives to raise children with good hearts, strong principles and a foundation built on love and respect for others.
Don't miss any of the fun, stay connected by signing up for LookWhatMomFound...and Dad too! RSS Feed or visiting us on LookWhatMomFound...and Dad too! Facebook Page .

Comments

1. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says:

The Karate Kid is a classic. Both of my boys do martial arts, so they both love this movie.

2. My husband has his own Netflix queue on our account. I’m sure Mr. Deeds is on there, since we both love anything with Adam Sandler!

3. Catherine S says:

These are all really great movies. We need to look into getting Netflix once we are done moving. We will be ready to sit down and relax.

4. I have been forced to watch Team America: World Police more time than I want to count. It’s not that I don’t like the movie. It’s just that my husband is obsessed with it.

5. My kids are in their teens now and we enjoy watching movies together, especially movies my husband and I grew up on, like Karate Kid. We have a ball sharing those with the kids. Bad Boys is one of my husband’s favorites, he plans to recite several lines from Bad Boys when a boy comes calling for his baby girl.

6. My husband loves all of these movies! We each have our own “channel” on Netflix – we’re big fans, including our toddler!

7. My husband and son love almost all these movies. Especially Karate Kid.

8. These are all great suggestions. I need to find a few good ones for our movie nights this weekend.

9. Top Gun totally awesome but I love humor and love Beverly Hills Cop. Good list!

10. vanessa: briteandbubbly says:

I think I love the Karate Kid more than the males in our house. These are great movie choices. Team America is hilarious.

11. I totally want to watch Karate Kid again!

12. You are absolutely right. My husband loves all of these movies!

13. Debbie Denny says:

I have not seen the oribinal Karate Kid in a while. Need to do that

14. Karate Kid is still one of my favorites. Can you believe Ralph Macchio is in his 50’s now?!?!

15. Great list! Karate Kid takes me right back to my childhood! I love keeping all these netflix lists handy, they are great when you are looking for something to watch!

16. Great list of movies! My son would enjoy these I’m sure.

17. YES the Karate Kid is still one of our all time favorite movies. I love your Netflix suggestions, too! I’ll check some of them out.

18. Rosey says:

I’ve never seen the Karate Kid. With three boys that’s just pitiful. I know it’s good though, just from things I’ve heard about it over the years.

19. The Karate Kid is a long time favorite of mine. I was a teen when that movie came out. I’ve seen pretty much all of these movies. Such a wonderful list.

20. I really like Karate Kid. Great movie for all times

21. Happy Birthday to your dad. I hope he enjoyed your post.

22. Did you dad get to enjoy any of his favorite movies for his birthday?

23. Anchorman and Talladega Nights, was this part of your post written for my husband? Your part about Team America made me laugh. My husband was stuck on that song for a while after watching that movie too.

24. I love most of these movies! Especially Bad Boys I and II and Beverly Hills Cop. It is so nice you and your Dad have special movies to bond.

25. Julie Wood says:

My husband loves all of these movies! He could watch the Top Gun and Days of Thunder all the time! The Karate Kid is a classic! My Dad also loves these movies! He is a big movie watcher!