Facebook StumbeUpon RSS Email

My only hair regret #SwitchersRemorse

6 Flares Facebook 0 Google+ 0 StumbleUpon 0 Pin It Share 3 Twitter 3 6 Flares ×

I’ve spent the better part of my adulthood switching hairstyles like I switch my shoes.  I go from long to short to super short to blonde highlights to jet black and back to super short.  I tell myself it’s only hair.  Usually I end up with something I really like.  I’m not scared of a little color or a bit of neck showing. Melinda's Hairstyles over the years #SwitchersRemorse #VZWBuzz

Melinda's Hairstyles over the years #SwitchersRemorse #VZWBuzzMelinda's Hairstyles over the years #SwitchersRemorse #VZWBuzz

This last time though…whoops.  I definitely had some switchers remorse. I thought let’s take this shorter.  You see my hairstylist a couple weeks previously lightly shaved a hidden strip of hair over my ear. It was cute, subtle but still shocking if I styled it the right way.

As it grew in I wanted more shock so instead of going back to her I took it upon myself to shave off MORE. When the clippers made that first pass my eyes got wide and I said “oh well, no turning back now”.  I ended up with an almost bald patch.  I liked the idea but definitively not the lack of length.

Melinda's Hairstyles over the years #SwitchersRemorse #VZWBuzz

Here I am a couple weeks later and I’m happy with it.  I actually love it.  I get compliments all the time especially from people I don’t expect to like it, like my boss or the old maintenance man.

It’s just hair but for a good solid 2 weeks I definitely had #SwitchersRemorse. Will I keep this cut and style going, YES. Will I be going that short again, NO.
Hair today

As a member of a very cool team of influencers for Verizon Wireless I received compensation to share this moment of my life when I had #SwitchersRemorse. The story is true though.

Do you have a story to share about when you were drawn away by the shiny things only to find yourself back to where it started? Have you had your own “SwitchersRemorse?

#VZWBuzz Lifestyle Blogger

6 Flares Facebook 0 Google+ 0 StumbleUpon 0 Pin It Share 3 Twitter 3 6 Flares ×

Comments

1. Robin Masshole mommy says:

I cut all my hair off once and it was a HUGE mistake. I looked like a boy.

2. Catherine S says:

I think your hair looks great. I have always wanted to shave the side of my head, but I am too chicken to go through with it.

3. I am so boring with my hairstyles – I wish I would be brave and try something new! I am not with Verizon and I do regret my current carrier.

4. I love your hair style. I have had a few regrets when cutting my hair. One was when i cut it from my waist to my shoulders. I grew to like it and have never gone back.

5. You are fortunate in that you seem to look good in any hairstyle based on your photos! I am a long time Verizon customer and have no intention in switching!

6. I am such an old fuddy duddy even though I am in my 30s, I couldn’t be so daring! You look great!

7. Rosey says:

I love that you’re getting compliments. A great haircut that we love (or end up loving) can give us a great boost of self-confidence.

8. I happen to love funky hair and think the shaved on the side look is awesome. I also think the style looks great on you and love your “it’s only hair” attitude!

9. Amy Desrosiers says:

I have always toyed with that partial shave look. I feel like it would be too much to upkeep though for me!

10. Love your hair and I’m kinda jealous that you can pull off such an awesome cut! As far as switching up things, I’m not terribly good with change haha.

11. My daughter cut the side of her hair like that a few years ago. Her’s was a bit more dramatic and she loved it! I’m sorry you didn’t like it as much as you thought you would. It looks great.

12. Megan @ C'mon Get Crafty says:

I trimmed my own bangs once in grade school, and I ended up with short spikes on my forehead. Big mistake!! You look awesome!

13. Betty B. says:

I love your hair! I don’t thin i could never pull that off.

14. Betty B. says:

I love your hair! I don’t thin i could never pull that off.