Facebook StumbeUpon RSS Email

Cat in the Hat for President on Board the Carnival Pride

About a month after returning from a cruise on the Carnival Sunshine (more on that later) our family was invited to visit the Carnival Pride in Baltimore, MD for a day of fun, food, friends and fanfare.Carnival Dr Seuss Breakfast, Cat in the Hat for President #CatintheHat4Prez

We were invited to help Cat in the Hat win the Presidential Race along with Thing 1 and Thing 2 as his running mates.  In case you  haven’t noticed it’s an election year. You and your family may have noticed some commercials on television.

Along with his recent presidential announcement, The Cat in the Hat released a new book, One Vote, Two Votes, I Vote, You Vote. Perfect timing don’t you think? This book is meant to teach children why we vote, how we vote and who can vote.  Of course this is done with the whimsy and fun that other Dr. Seuss books brings to childhood literature. Carnival Cruise Lines wants kids to know they have a voice and it should be heard loud and clear.  Maybe this is why Carnival is called the Fun Ship. The kids get exactly what they want and end up having an amazing vacation.

Kid Friendly Cruising with Carnival is easy with all the amenities on board to keep kids occupied for days.

• Camp Carnival, Circle C & Club O2
  • Seuss at Sea
  • Sweet Spot
  • Waterworks
  • Hasbro the Game Show
  • SportsSquare
  • Dive in Movies
  • Mini Golf
  • and so much more on and off the boat

After a loud parade led by Schwartz, an amazing brunch of Green Eggs and Ham, Froot Loop French Toast, some photo ops and chatting with old and new friends we were given the freedom to roam the boat and see how it measures up to the other ships we’ve already seen.

Cat in the Hat for President on Carnival Pride #cruisingcarnival #catinthehat4prez Seuss at SeaCarnival Dr Seuss Breakfast, Cat in the Hat for President #CatintheHat4Prez Carnival Cruise Line Dr Seuss Breakfast, Froot Loop French Toast

The Carnival Pride has recently gone through a renovation to include fan favorite dining/drinking options such as Guy Burger Joint, Red Frog Pub, Alchemy Bar, BlueIguana Cantina and more.  Carnival Pride in Baltimore Guys Burger Joint #cruisingcarnival Carnival Pride in Baltimore Blue Iguana Cantina Tacos

What I found was a very romantic feel as soon we got above the belly of the boat. I’m not sure what was new but I fell in love with the lighting, the bold furnishings and all the hallways.  Those gave a secret, tucked away feeling.Carnival Pride Pool #cruisingcarnivalCarnival Pride #cruisingcarnivalCarnival Pride #cruisingcarnivalCarnival Pride #cruisingcarnivalCarnival Pride #cruisingcarnival

Overall we’ve decided that the Carnival Pride is the next ship we’re boarding for a cruise. We already love cruising and with the amenities added in recent years we know we’ll  have a wonderful time.

Follow us on Instagram to see more of this day and our recent cruise through the Caribbean, Melinda on Instagram and Rob on Instagram.

Comments

1. Now I want to go on a cruise!!!! What a beautiful ship.

2. Jacqui Odell says:

Oh how fun! My kids would love that. We just watched Cat & The Hat last night.

3. This looks awesome! I know my kiddos would have a ball!

4. We have cruised with Carnival on quite a few occasions but never with our children. There is so much for them to do, that I have no doubt they would have an amazing time!

5. How fun! My kids would love this. Dr. Seuss has always been their favorite author.

6. I can’t imagine that any kid would not have an absolute blast at this! Dr. Seuss and his characters are such a classic for the children. Great!

7. That looks like so much fun! My kids would love to go on a cruise like this!

8. Jamie P. says:

The table looks amazing! My kids would love to have a cat and hat breakfast!

9. Meagan says:

This looks like such a fabulous experience!!

10. When I first heard about the Dr. Seuss themed cruise I put it on my bucket list. For myself! I would love to experience this. What a fun event for you guys!

11. The ship is very classy, but fun for families too! My kids would love the Cat in the Hat theme!

12. Wow so neat! I would love to go there!

13. This sounds so much fun! And those foods look so delicious!

14. katrina gehman says:

oh that looks like a really fun party. anyone would love this.

15. Cruising is one of my favorite ways to travel. It’s so much fun for the whole family! Loving all the Cat in the Hat themed fun on the Pride!

16. This is so much fun for the kids! I am thinking of getting a cruise for me and the kids and this might be the best one I’ve seen! I think it’s really awesome and who doesn’t like Dr. Seuss!

17. Brianne says:

This is such a great theme! We are huge Cat In The Hat fans in our home!

18. Ann Bacciaglia says:

I have always wanted to go on a cruise. This looks like it was a ton of fun.

19. Oh this looks like so much fun! I think now would be the perfect time for a cruise.

20. Woah! Those foods are delicious for sure! I’m dreaming for a travel Cruise.

21. What a fun event! I really want to go on a cruise!

22. Oh my goodness this dr. Seuss party looks like so much fun. I would love to go on a cruise with my husband.

23. Always wanted to try a cruise. Living in Southern California now we have more cruise lines and ports so my husband and I will try one out someday.

24. We took a Carnival Cruise in December 2015. Our son enjoyed it so much he wants to know if we can LIVE on the cruise ship year-round!

25. Oh my goodness what a fun event! Wow this ship looks like a great time! I need to add some Carnival cruising to my planner for the next year maybe!

26. I would love to take the kids on a cruise. This sounds like the perfect one- we love Thing 1 and Thing 2!!

27. I actually was on Carnival Sunshine last year and Loved it so much! I didnt know you can get on the boat for a day event on cruises thats new and cool you were able to do that! I love Carnival Cruises, as a matter of fact I did the Dr.Seuss brunch on Sunshine and loved it I was such a big kid!

Also I would totally vote for Dr.Seuss if I could!

28. Wow I have never been on a cruise but you can take me on this one anytime! It looks amazing! I would be in just as much awe as my child! Such a great idea! I definitely want to get my hands on the new book as well!

29. Carolsue says:

Wow! Now that is impressive! I’ve been on a Princess Cruise, which was nice, but not this elaborate!