Aloha Friday – Cell Phones

Welcome to this week’s edition of Aloha Friday. Head over to An Island Life for more Aloha Friday!!

In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.

If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link below. Don’t forget to visit the other participants!

My Question is: Do you have a cell phone. If Yes, which one and do you find you need to have the newest phone available or once you get one you keep it until it dies.

I have a cell phone and it is the Blackberry Curve. I find I need to get a new phone every two years when my plan allows me to even if there is nothing wrong with my phone. Guess I like to have the newest phone on the block. LOL.

Comments

1. I have cellphone and I use it until it dies.

2. Auntie E says

We have several, 4 to be exact. I have a blackberry Curve(love it). then we have a two Nokia's, and hubby has a Motorola but is replacing it with a blackberry tour today. We usually get new phone every 2 years.

3. Smellyann says

I just goit an iPhone and I love it!! I will keep it until it dies.

4. Generally I keep mine at least the 2 years of the contract if not longer. I just got a BlackBerry Curve in May and I have a feeling I will be keeping it until it dies!

5. I am Harriet says

They don't seem to last longer than 2 years do they? Unless you are a teenager, then it's 6 months 🙂

Happy Friday!

6. Jennifer says

Yes I have a cell phone, which I rarely use.

7. Jennifer Leigh says

Ron, I mean RoB, haha! I have my 2nd Nokia, and its my second worst phone (the other Nokia was my worst). I loved my Samsung. I don't have fancy phones I wouldn't be able to afford the $70 a month fees for those.

8. AudreyO says

Yes, I have a cell phone. It's a fairly inexpensive model but with a keyboard. The keyboard was important to me.

9. Michelle says

I have a cell phone and use it til it dies.

10. The Mommy-Files says

I would love an iPhone someday. I use my cell phones forever. I originally had a Motorola Razor (I don't even know if I spelled it right). However, I forgot it was in my jeans and the wash cycle in my washer ruined it. So I have a different phone that insurance replaced it with – lol! ♥ Happy Friday! ♥

11. When I worked I had cell phones, now that I stay home I got rid of that expense.

12. I have a Samsung, but not a fancy model. I'll probably use it for another year and then upgrade to a newer phone with the same limited features. I had a really amazing phone once, but aside from looking fabulous, it served essentially the same function for me: make and receive phone calls. There's not much else I need!

13. A Trailer Park Mom says

We just have a prepaid cell from Net 10. We've been using them for about 4 yrs now. We just replaced our phone when the 1st one died.

14. I usually keep my phone for 2 years and get a new one when the contract expires. I was thinking I'd get an iphone next but my hubby surprised me with something else. Oh well, maybe next time.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

15. blueviolet says

I have a Samsung and I don't replace it unless I have to. I could care less what features it has. If it's small and it's a flip, I'm good.

16. JamericanSpice says

I have a basic Samsung. I only receive and take calls. No texting, or internet etc. It's just for emergency. The other stuff on it gets too expensive so we took them off. Oh an dit take pics too.

I don't need the lastest phone. It would be a waste of money.

17. I have had a cell phone since I turned 16 and started driving (but back then it was literally for emergencies only). I had that first phone forever but now I definitely get a new phone every 2 years. I currently have the enV touch because I wanted a touch screen 🙂

18. {Kiki} says

I have a Motorola Q and I love it. It's like a Blackberry. I can do anything on it, except Navigation. I have a GPA for that. It was my hubster's phone and he gave it to me when he got a new company Q. I'll keep it 'til it dies. Aloha and take care.
    -Kiki

19. I don't have one yet. I looking at the blackberry and the iphone. Not sure which to get yet.

20. Buffie says

My cell is an iPhone and I LOVE it. I have so much information stored in there. Without it I think I would be lost.

21. SageMom says

Right now I'm using an LG and I don't feel the need to get the latest and greatest phone. I hardly ever use my cell =)

22. Brandi says

I have a cell phone, and I just use it til it doesn't work any more. Then I get the cheapest one I can! 🙂

23. ~ Noelle says

I have a blackberry curve..
    LOVE IT!
    I normally want to upgrade as soon as it is time…
    They always get better!

24. Jenni Jiggety says

I have an iPhone and I would marry it if I could.

25. kailani says

I have an iPhone and love it! However, I don't plan to upgrade it to the newer version just yet.

26. ~*~ Melissa ~*~ says

Haha I wish! No, mine is like 3 years old I think!

27. KimberlyKaye says

I've got an iPhone and love it! I get a new phone every two years or so.

28. Bill and Lorie Shewbridge says

I used to keep it until it died, however since we moved to Florida, (5 years ago) we've changed just about every 2 years. We just got an iPhone (3GS) about a month ago and I LOVE it. You can run you life from that phone — and I do!

29. Betty N says

I don't have a cell phone but my husband does and yes, he needs to update to a new phone as soon as the plan allows which I think is 2 years.