This #KidsintheKitchen series started to showcase the ways we can educate our kids while having fun in the kitchen. This week I had the opportunity to switch gears and play in the kitchen with my niece. Ella is three years old, super smart and super sharp.
I brought her into the kitchen to help make a treat for her cousins but knew there wasn’t much she could do since I was at the stove. I gave her a scoop of marshmallows to count and group together instead. I asked for piles of 3. She knew how to count and knew when she messed up.
So while a 3 year old might not be the best helper for cooking they can be the best entertainment while slaving over a hot stove
What did you and your kids do for dinner this week? Share photos, stories or recipes that include your #kidsinthekitchen. I would love for you to join me and my co-hosts, Paula at Frosted Fingers and Sara at Sensibly Sara, each week linking up a post, new or old, that feature the theme Kids in the Kitchen. It doesn’t matter what you are doing as long as you are doing it together and enjoying it and learning something.
- preparing healthy snacks
- having a tea party
- counting skills with m&ms
- pouring from measuring cups
- discovering a local restaurant that your kids love
- creating new family friendly recipes
Don’t have a blog, then share a photo you uploaded to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Share whatever you have, we want to see it.
1. Link up only your kid friendly recipes, stories, pictures or cooking lessons here.(No Etsy stores or giveaways please).
2. Link directly to a specific post, update or tweet not your homepage.
3. Please add a Kids in the Kitchen button or link on your site or blog post or share through social media so readers know you are participating.
4. Click through and comment, pin, like, tweet or share with other participants. We love to share inspiration and ideas with each other, don’t link and run.
5. Follow the hosts of this feature,Paula at Frosted Fingers, Sara at Sensibly Sara and me, Melinda at LookWhatMomFound…and Dad too!
I can’t wait to see all of the fun food themed ideas, excursions and photos you have to share.