I love baby wearing. Even though I’m past that stage with our own kids I wear my niece when we go for walks around the neighborhood. She’s a walker but she’s also a wanderer so when she’s in the carrier I have no fears of her stepping into the street, in dog poo or picking trash up off the ground. Also I just love the closeness and cuddling we do. She grips my fingers and looks up at me like she’s just relaxing….I wish someone would carry me. It’s a special time mom (and dad) can have with babies and toddlers.
The Boba is a soft structured baby carrier based on the traditional Mei Tai carriers from Asia with a modern buckle closure. Baby wearing is an old tradition, done on about every culture. The purpose is the same though, keep baby close and protected while nurturing a bond. The Boba has taken all of those classic elements like strength and stability and added modern touches for today’s parents and caregivers.
- accommodates children 15-45 lbs
- one size fits most adults
- front and back carry
- high density waist and shoulder strap foam
- removable foot straps for extra leg/hip support
- high back for better overall support
- removable hood
- chest strap for added support
I walked with my neice in the Boba and compared it to another Soft Structured carrier I have. The coverage was wider. I didn’t feel like she was hanging or peeking out. The padded waist band stayed in place, flat against my body. The chest strap gave me added support. I have a large chest and sometimes carriers didn’t sit well around my shoulders especially for back carries. This buckle fixed that. Right out of the box everything was stiff and the buckles were hard to open but I’m sure that had to do with the newness. A couple seams didn’t look perfect either; they looked stressed but not in places where they would compromise your child’s safety, a minor overlooked manufacturing detail.
Overall I’m impressed with the construction, support and style of the Boba. It will replace my previous recommendation for baby carriers.
Win a Boba Classic Collection carrier ($100 value) here at LookWhatMomFound…and Dad too! Visit Boba and tell me your favorite color. Are you currently a baby wearer?
To receive these extra opportunities for entries, you must fulfill the first REQUIRED entry above. Please note the changes to the entries and frequency, entries that don’t follow rules will be disregarded/ignored/deleted.
- Share this Giveaway and the What She Really Wants blog party with a blog post, Facebook update or email to your friends and family. Link back, cc me or leave your facebook link.
- Subscribe to LookWhatMomFound…and Dad too! via email or RSS feed, bottom of page
- Publicly follow this blog of Google Friend Connect, bottom of page
- Like Us in Networked Blog, bottom of page
- Follow Mom and Dad on Twitter and Tweet this giveaway 1 time per day, please leave your twitter link each time, tweet a form of this message: BabyWearers love BobaCarriers #WIN one @lkwhtmomfound & @anddadtoo http://bit.ly/fY1Rs5
- Like LookWhatMomFound…and Dad too! and Boba Carriers on Facebook AND like this giveaway.
- Enter another Giveaway – let us know which one in the comment (one extra entry per giveaway you enter, just leave separate comments)
Your entries must follow the rules or they won’t be eligible for prizes. This contest ends 11:59 pm, Friday, April 29, 2011. The winners will be emailed and will have 24 hours to claim their prize. This contest is open to Continental US residents only. For complete rules please read our contest rules page.